Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Home

It has never been this good,
this feeling of belonging that fills my soul.
Even never having known this feeling before,
I have to acknowledge that this is what i was searching for.
The sense of pride that swells my heart,
makes me feel whole.
A complete being at peace with myself.
Aware of my shortcomings and living beyond them.
Capitalizing on my strengths that build me.
There is a time when all around me,
were walls, thick as dictionaries
closing in all around me.
Suffocating me, caught between a rock and a hard place,
I sought comfort in external factors.
Loosing myself in the joys of the time...
forgetting that there was a tomorrow
I tried to drown myself in others
to completely loose and forget myself...
Till I saw the light at the core of myself.
Beckoning me to follow my hearts desires,
love myself again, realize my value,
achieve my maximum potential and I, followed.
In myself I came across a movement
but we are a force when we are together.
Their cause is my cause, their plight my own
In my struggles I see theirs
and in their victories...some of my own
This is my family, a mirror image of me
in them I have found my home.

No comments: