Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 3, 2012

Words


I find myself brimming with words
My mind spewing then faster
Than my hand can ever dare to write

I had lost it you know,
My ability to write and express myself
I had lost my saving grace
Yet I have found it again right where I left it.

Does it come back unchanged?
No, for in the words that float across my mind
Are the emotions for which I can’t fight.
I have accepted defeat when the battle has barely begun.

Do my words speak to me?
Yes they do, they tell of a tale
That has since changed its course
A tale that many will live way after I have left this life.

Do these words seek an audience?
No, once upon a time they sought to be heard
They begged to be read and acknowledged
Now they seek only to express a desire left unchanged

Thoughts left pending
Some left unacknowledged
The plight of a mind at war        
At war with itself over words unspoken.

My mouth sometimes takes control
And speaks for itself…and the heart
An internal organ accused of many emotions
Finds itself in the brain, forced to perform
A duty that it neither comprehends nor values.

Sometimes I wish I could give authority
To every part of me to speak for itself
For,
If my mouth could speak for itself,
It would demand for more of your kisses
If my neck could speak for itself,
It would ask that you never cease to blow gently on it
If my arms could speak for themselves,
They would request to never stop touching you
If my breasts could speak for themselves,
They would cry that you never cease to suckle on them
If my thighs could speak for themselves,
They would ask to always be wrapped around your waist.
My entire being wants to be under your spell,
To be controlled and mastered by your artful touch
Your kisses taking my breath away
If my body could speak for itself,
It would only ask for you.

Words without boundaries,
Boundaries with no clear divisions,
They are just words yet still they burn
With an alluring yet terrifying passion. 

These words choke me
With the intensity by which they burn themselves into my brain
They leave me in pain and sometimes soaring
If words could kill, am sure some would have had me by now
If words could save, let’s just say I would have more than the proverbial 9 lives.


No comments: