Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 14, 2011

One man's meat...

I have been listening to people's problems again,but this time i think they have done me a load of good...
I spent the weekend at home with my sis,i have not done that in a long time.But i really couldnt bring myself to leave the house.I think i was PMSing or something...most probably the something and it had to do with all the negativity i had to listen to.
A friend of mine,she is 34,very good friend,one of those you dont introduce to your gay friends,called me over the weekend.Lets call her Confused because that is exactly what she is.For the longest time she has denied to everyone in her life that she likes women (me included,even when she kisses and gropes them in public or around me).She wanted my advice and was asking for it in the third person.I hate it when people think am stupid enough to buy that shit.So after telling her to come clean so that i can totally understand what is going on and help,she came out with the following story (this is from 69minutes 32seconds on the phone) "i met a girl about 6 months ago and we have been talking and exchanging pictures as well as meeting up for coffee dates,lunches,dinners and twice to have sex.Both times we made plans to shag,the plans fell through and both times it was my fault.Sometime back she asked me why i have been avoiding having sex with her and i told her its because i have a boyfriend as i had no other reason to give.But you see,i dont have a boyfriend and i like this girl,i think am in love with her,but she doesnt turn me on..." Lets break for a while.Till this point,all that was going through my head was (why didnt u just say you like women from before???).Then it landed and i asked, WTF?!?!?!can you be in love with someone and not want to have sex with them?? Then she continued to explain, "when she touches me,i get goosebumps from disgust and she thinks its because of how turned on i am by her.So she told me she doesnt care if i have a boyfriend,she is willing to share me and i told her am on my periods and its been 1 week,what do i do???At this point i hung up and put off my phone for an hour.When i put it on,she had sent me a message saying she needed me to get her out of that fix...Now,am 22.Old enough to know that this is a lose - lose situation.If she tells her the truth,she is most likely going to lose her and if she doesnt tell her,she will be stuck with a woman she doesnt want (literally doesnt want) and either way,she will still want a shoulder to lean on so i thought i should be selfish for a change and thought of telling her to find another friend,this was too much for me but i changed my mind and asked he what she wanted to do and she said to run,so i told her to book a bus to Rwanda,think on the whole trip there,get there,relax as she thinks herself out of the first decision she made then on the way back,think herself back to the decision she had originally made and before she has time to change her mind,go see the girl in question and tell her your decision.Either way,i think she will be fine...Does that make me a bad person?...I dont think so.But what might make me a bad person is i sat for hours that day smiling to myself about how good and easy i have things...Lesson learnt,Its never that serious.Listen to other people's problems and see how small yours are....And yes,she left for Rwanda last night.

No comments: