Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Some Battles

Standing before the mirror over the sink,
I see a strangers face.Have i been asleep for years?
When was the last time i looked in the mirror?
When was the last time i saw me?
I turn away with disgust,
too scared to face myself,
I ran and hide in the covers
Like the ostrich hiding its head in the sand.
If i dont see it,it isnt there
But i cant live under the covers.
I sleep fitfully,nightmares torment me
I wake up and i cant recollect the dreams
And i go back and stand before the same mirror
As the day before,keeping my eyes closed.
Am i ready to face the stranger yet?
I slowly open my eyes,
I see a familiar face in the mirror,
What happened to the stranger?
Was i dreaming?
Was the stranger in the mirror part of my dreams?
I can swear it was real.
I stare closly,focusing on the image before me,
Suddenly the stranger is there again.
Is this mirror bewitched?
Or am i still dreaming?
I shut my eyes and snap them open,
Again the familiar face?
What is going on?
Who should i call?
I pick up the phone and start to dial your number,
Then  a voice whispers in my ear,
'some battles are better fought alone.'
After all,who would understand?

No comments: