Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Conforming or Settling?


When I opt to get into a relationship
Because everyone around me is in one
Because she makes me insecure
Because she thinks am screwing around
Am I conforming or settling?
When I opt to say yes to a woman
Because she says she wants me but does not show me
Because she says she loves me but acts indifferent
Because she says one thing now, but knows not its meaning
Am I settling or conforming?
When I opt to say I love you
Because she says it too
Because I need someone to say it to
Because I don’t want to be lonely
Am I conforming or settling?
When I opt to scream from the rooftops
Of a love so endearing that it burns
Of a pain so excruciating I want to cry
Of an emotion that has no way of being expressed
Am I conforming or settling?
How thin is the line between the two?
How vague is the boundary that divides them?
How narrow minded or shallow would I be to miss it?
How irrelevant are the details to those who don’t care?
How fine is the print of the script that you read?

No comments: